KHH Enviros Logo

KHH Enviros Logo

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

MOVIE - The Age of Stupid...Wow, THAT was a GOOD movie!

The Age of Stupid
One Catastrophically Educating Documentary


Watch the Age of Stupid Trailer on YouTube

Last night I went to a free showing of The Age of Stupid, a documentary about a man alone in a desolate world in 2055 looking back at our time and wondering how could we have not stopped Climate Change when we had the chance?

The movie uses news clippings from the present day and the future to help draw a picture and uses the lives of 6 people from different continents and vastly different walks of life to fill in the color.

One might say that it's the gravity of each person's different situation that gets you right in the chest, or it could be the juxtaposition where he pairs ridiculous statements with images that make it so blindingly obvious that there's something wrong with our world today.

Perhaps the greatest message is sent through the familiarity of all the news and each person's stories. We all know someone who is "just like that guy." In fact, my parents are easily comparable to the fellow from the US and I could even draw parallels of myself to the Indian guy. A fact which scares me a bit.

The point at which I felt most like crying and screaming at the same time was at the end of the film (bare in mind it was made in 2007) there was a short message in the top left corner saying that the Copenhagen United Nations Conference MUST BE the type of action which the best science of the times is asking for. And now here we are and no one expects it to be so.

It makes me so sad I wanted to cry...

But that is to say, the movie provided me with a much needed jolt. I've always been "enviro friendly" but every now and again I need a swift kick in the ass to get me moving again. The Conference of Youth couldn't do it here, nor could the Klima Forum, but THIS movie, The Age of Stupid, has done just that.

We all need to refill the tanks of motivation now and again...See The Age of Stupid

--Tim
Director KHH Enviros
http://khhenviros.110mb.com
khhenviros@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment